- long range> 40 km depending on antennas and GCS configuration – 80 km demonstrated by Edge Research laboratories on a balloon, 57 km in India, on Dipoles,
- 2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, collectively switchable,
- transmitting power: 1 W (+ 30 dBm),
- low-pass filter transmission,
- > 20dB low noise amplifier, high IP3,
- RX SAW filter,
- all I / O are ESD protected and filtered,
- Reimplemented SiK and Multipoint SiK software, field upgradeable, easy to configure,
- small, light.
Note: It is not compatible with older modems
|Frequency range||868-869 MHz|
|Output power||1 W (+ 30 dBm), controlled in 1 dB steps|
|Data transfer rate in the air network||12, 56, 64, 100, 125, 200, 224, 500 i 750 kbit/s (user set, default 64 kbit)|
|UART baud rates||1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 1M bodów (user set, default 57600)|
|Mounting||3 x M2.5 screws, 3 x soldering points to the pins|
|Power supply||rated +5 V, (min. +3.5 V, max. +5.5 V), peak ~ 800 mA at maximum power|
|Temperature range||from -40 to +85 degrees C, tested from -73 to +123 degrees C|
|Dimensions||57 mm x 30 mm x 12.8 mm|
The RFD868x will not communicate with the RFD868x-EU modem unless the standard RFD868x is configured to the same frequency as the EU modem.
Software / GCS Support:
The software solution is an open source program called “SiK”. It has been reimplemented to match the new processor architecture available on the 32-bit ARM processor core. Bootloader and interface are available for further development and modem firmware upgrade via serial port.
Most parameters are configurable via AT commands, e.g. baud rate (air / uart), frequency band, power levels.
Integrated support for RFD900 radios configuration is supported by APM Planner.
The modem is intended for system integrators who will integrate the modem into their own product designs and prototypes. The user is responsible for compliance with local regulations regarding radio transmitters.