• Where can I register and undergo training for the open A2 category?

    If you want to pilot a drone, you will have to register on the drony.ulc.gov.pl portal. Then you will have to undergo basic training and pass an exam for category A1/A3. After it you will be able to join courses for other categories. A2 open category training can be carried out in every certified training centre. List of certified training centers can be found here: https://ulc.gov.pl/pl/drony/prowadzenie-szkolen

  • What’s the difference between operator ID and pilot ID

    Operator ID is an unique number that allows for identification of the registered operator. This ID number is located on the aircraft and in the remote e-identification systems. Pilot ID on the other hand is an unique number of a document that confirms the competency of the operator to pilot drones.

  • Does every drone require registration?

    There is no need to register every aircraft. In the currently applicable regulations there is an obligation to register an UAV operator that performs operations in the open and specific category. Operator ID needs to be located on every UAV used by this operator.

  • How old do I have to be to become a drone pilot?

    According to the current regulations the minimum age to obtain qualifications is 16 years.

  • Can I fly a drone above a private property?

    In the case of flying above your own property you need to remember about having proper qualifications to perform these operations and to comply with general rules in a given geographical zone. In the case of flying above a property that doesn’t belong to you, you have to remember to stay a safe horizontal and vertical distance away from any buildings. You also need to remember that our flight should not disturb or threaten the life of bystanders. Frequent flights over a given property can be considered as harassment or any other type of invigilation. If you are going to frequently fly over a given property, try to agree it in advance with the owner of the property.

  • What is the difference between an open category and specific category?

    Flights performed in the open category are low risk and are usually done in open areas. In this category flying over humans is only allowed in the A1 subcategory and with drones whose mass does not exceed 900g. In this category you can only fly in your visual line of sight. Flights in the specific category are medium risk and can be performed over inhabited areas, gatherings of people and with a special permit above 120 AGL.

    In specific category you can fly not only in your visual line of sight but also beyond it.

  • What qualifications are required in the open category and which in the specific category?

    In case of flights in the open category you will have to register on the drony.ulc.gov.pl portal. Then you will have to undergo basic training and pass an exam for category A1/A3. This process is not required when flying with a drone whose mass is lower than 250 grams.

    After this process you can legally fly in the open category. An additional qualification is subcategory A2. In order to obtain such a qualification you will have to contact one of the training centers and pass an exam.

    In the specific category you have to undergo the same process and pass the A1/A3 exam. After it you will have to undergo training and pass an exam in the training center for the subcategory of your choice, eg: NSTS-02

    Flights in the specific category may be performed if one of the following requirements is met:

    • Statement about an operation under National Standard Scenario (NSTS),
    • Authorization for performing operations in specific category is received,
    • LUC certificate is received.
  • Should every flight be registered?

    Yes, every drone flight should be reported through a suitable ICt system. In our case it is the DroneRadar app, in which you need to perform a CHECK-IN.

  • Can I legally fly a drone in the EU?

    Flights in accordance with current regulations can be performed all over the European Union and over Iceland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Norway. You need to remember to follow local regulations, geographical zones and to have appropriate qualifications.

  • Do I need to have insurance?

    According to current regulations there is no obligation to have insurance in the case of flying a drone whose mass is under 20 kg. ULC recommends that every operator should have insurance

  • Where can I fly my drone?

    In Poland you can fly your drone in uncontrolled (G) and controlled (C) space if you have appropriate qualifications and you comply with conditions defined by ULC.

  • Is registration in the open category obligatory to fly a drone?

    In case of flying a drone whose mass is larger than 250g, you should register on the drony.ulc.gov.pl portal and pass the exam for A1/A3 subcategory. Then before flight you need to perform a CHECK-IN in a suitable app, eg: DroneRadar.

  • My planned flight goes beyond the national base scenario. How can I obtain permission to fly?

    In this case you should file an application for an authorization to operate. Application should contain detailed information about the operation such as risk assessment. You can find more information about properly submitting the application on the ULC website: