The DROTAG.x is an updated version of the earlier DROTAG which is a small board (55x27mm) that connects to an APM compatible Flight Controller (like Pixhawk) through the one of the any available TELEMETRY port and through a MicroUSB cable to the camera.
With the appropriate mission planning you will have your pictures automatically geotagged by DROTAG.x in the Camera’s card at the time you land, with no need for any post-processing.
Use your Sony Alpha Series Camera for Aerial Photography and GeoTagging!
- Tagging directly the Latitude, Longitude, Altitude and Heading on the camera card itself;
- Decouple the image gathering from image information – No more APM logs cross reference;
- No need for GPS enabled cameras;
- Use the Flight Controller position data to tag your pictures. Take advantage of APM’s advanced data fusion;
- Have a plain text log file with geographical data in the camera card itself. Include Yaw, Roll, and Pitch of the Drone;
- 1 Picture every 1.6 seconds;
- Guaranteed correct tagging even if the camera misses several pictures in a row;
- Hot shoe for camera flash feedback included for cameras with external flash. With the hot shoe installed take pictures as fast as your camera allows for;
- Tag ARW pictures;
One system, one simpler workflow: compatible with many cameras.
|Minimum Time Between Pictures||1,6 seconds for cameras without external flash|
|Camera Feedback||Flash Hotshoe|
|Memory||MicroSD 16 GB Class 10 Card|
|Power supply||5V DC via Telemetry Port Cable|
|External dimensions||71 x 28 mm|
A5000, A5100, A6000, A6300, A6500, A6000, A7, A7 II, A7R, A7R II, A7S, A7S II, A9, RX10, RX10M2, RX10M3, RX100M2, RX100M3, RX100M5, NEX-3N, QX1
User manual is available in downloads.